Saturday, January 13, 2007
The Bugslags Are going off line...
Well this is likely the last post I will post from the comfort of my own bedroom. On Monday I am going to get the internet disconnected from our home. We have been evaluating our expenses and have decided that since both Sarah and I have the internet at our respective works...we don't need it at home. But fear not, I will maintain the Blog for all of our loyal readers, all three of you...(awkward silence) anyhow. We have decided that we want to get out of debt, so we are cutting out whatever is not essential...for me that will mean no more morning trips to Starbucks on the way to work...unless anyone out there knows how to justify it as a ministry expense??? Zalinko, can you help me out here? But on a more serious note, I figure we can get out of debt in three or four years...if we can be diligent...and eat only potatoes and water...doesn't sound so bad...perhaps I will hold a nation wide raffle for my yellow Mini Van...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
hey man, way to be intentional about getting out of debt! even though the "deal" we got was super sweet, it still costs...
As for justifying the Bucks...well, that's a "sitz im leben" (life setting) thing. just drop a note at your next elders mtg that you're now accepting Starbucks cards in lieu of that huge raise they were thinking of giving you...yeah...ok...
you're the man Slag...pretty much my hero.
I've always loved the "Sitz im leben" what book was that from...something from the beautiful magical world we call CLD I am sure...
hmmmm...i think it was OT with Hiebert, BIE 604 @ ACTS.
i'd say that in your sitz im leben you would need a Starbucks on the way to work every day so that you actually get there and don't turn into a snowman before reaching the front door! it will keep you alive...that's worth a couple bucks a day isn't it?
cheers bro.
just wanted to say thanks for being so patient in helping me to set up the new avg - your instruction and patience are v ery appreciated - love you
HI-DE-HO NEIGHBORINO:)
Best of luck! Good for you in taking that step of giving up something ... it's not always easy to give things like this up once you have them. Thinking of you, Autumn
Hey Rick, I feel you man, we're going through the same thing: 'where can we cut out?' It's worth it in the end... I've heard.
My students all love Starbucks more than me (and that's a lot) so it's pretty easy for me, we all go, the church pays... ;) It's only when more youth budget is going to coffee than events that people start to wonder...
BTW... I read your posts on McLaren, I thought his stuff was interesting too. Check out A New Kind of Youth Ministry by Chris Folmsbee too, I just picked it up and I can't put it down.
HEy Ricker buddy! Luke Siebert here. I like reading about you and recieving joy from your sense of jovial wit. Rick, could you kiss me on the veranda? ... you know the rest.
You are pretty smoking hot yourself. How did Sarah ever take you away from your modeling career?
Keep it real, I love you friend.
Luker Siebert
Good for people to know.
Post a Comment