Saturday, December 02, 2006

Continuing in the Journey

Anyhow, as I said in an earlier Post I have really been enjoying the New Kind Of Christian trilogy, I am currently reading the third book. It is not as rivetting as the first two, but is still somewhat interesting. The introduction to the book was good however some of the terminology is more intelectual than I. The book, at first glance seem to be largely about Hell, or even the history of Hell (Sounds morbid right) actually it is pretty interesting learning where we got our doctrine from. Despite first appearances, the author contends that the book is largely about Gods goodness. If you consider reading these books you must understand, these are not intended to be theological texts, they are fictional , or as the author likes to call them "Creative Non-Fiction" which is actually not a bad title, as they reflect many real life concerns that I have heard echoed from other pastors, but are of course written in story form, not unlike Kent Anderson's Preaching Texts (Which I have not read but have heard nothing but positive reports about) . I have found these books incredibly encouraging, even though sometimes I was frustrated with the arguements presented. However, if you think the church is flawless you likely will not like these books, but if you feel as I do, that something is just not right with the church (not the local but the universal; whatever it may be, doctrine, practice) then you just might enjoy these books as I have.

BOOK 3: CHAPTER's 10-12 Absolutely rivetting

Disclaimer: I am not necesarrily going liberal, however I have been longing for freedom. True freedom that only God can give.

No comments: